It has been rumored for a while that Apple was planning on launching their own streaming service. It was later proven true where the company launched the Apple TV+ service. It plays host to a bunch of original content as well as some licensed content, but in case you decide that this isn’t the service for you, here’s how you can cancel it.
How To Cancel Apple TV+ Subscription On The Web
If you are on your computer, you can actually easily the subscription to Apple TV+ from the web itself, and here’s how.
- Go to the Apple TV+ website on your browser
- Make sure you’re sign into your account
- Click on your account icon located at the top right corner of the screen
- Select Settings
- Under Subscriptions, click on Manage
- Click Cancel Subscription
- Confirm your cancellation
How To Cancel Apple TV+ Subscription On Your iPhone Or iPad
If you’re on your mobile device and you want to cancel your Apple TV+ subscription through the iPhone or iPad, it’s actually just as simple.
- Launch the App Store app
- Tap your profile icon at the top right corner
- Tap on Subscriptions
- Under Active you should see Apple TV+
- Tap on Apple TV+
- Tap Cancel Subscription
- Tap Confirm
How To Cancel Your Apple TV+ Subscription On Apple TV
One of the draws of the Apple TV+ service is that you’ll be able to use it through your Apple TV device. Given that this is an Apple service, it doesn’t exactly come as a surprise that Apple would tie both hardware and software together. If you’re on your Apple TV, you can cancel the subscription through it as well.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings
- Select Users and Accounts
- Choose Subscriptions
- Under Active, select Apple TV+
- Select Cancel Subscription
- Confirm it
Once this is done, you will continue to be able to access Apple TV+ for the remainder of your subscription, after that you will not be able to access the service anymore. To be fair, Apple TV+ is currently only $4.99 a month or $49.99 a year. This is much cheaper than other services, but then again, its selection is kind of limited compared to other platforms like Netflix.